The North Cedar Community School District is located in east-central Iowa along Highway 30 and includes the towns of Clarence, Lowden, Mechanicsville, and Stanwood. Our location is ideal for those wanting the peace and quiet of rural living, while still being only miles from the cultural experiences and many activities of larger towns, like Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, and Davenport. Our Transportation Department provides bus services between all the communities to make travel to the respective schools as convenient as possible for all in our district. Visit the communities of our district online and see what makes them unique – and a wonderful place to live!
Did You Know?
- Clarence is one of the communities located near the center of our district and has a population of 974.*
- It is home to the junior/senior high school.
- Lowden anchors the east end of our school district and is home to one of our two elementary centers.
- It has a population of 789 residents.*
- Mechanicsville anchors the west end of our district and is home to one of our two elementary centers.
- Mechanicsville is the largest of our four communities with a population of 1,146.*
- Stanwood, also located near the center of our district, is home to the district offices and football/track complex.
- It has a population of 684 people.*
*Population figures taken from Iowa League of Cities website.