A small, rural school district, North Cedar Community School District is as ingrained in the community as you are. We live and work in the community and have a vested interest in the children who call North Cedar home. Our staff and teachers care deeply about every student who passes through our doors, and we dedicate ourselves to the success of each one.
We’ve designed our curriculum and support materials with success in mind. Our teachers attend regular professional development workshops to ensure they utilize best practices during instruction. Our test scores continually meet or exceed state averages, and we push the envelope every year—working hard to ensure our students continue to grow and succeed.
The mission of North Cedar Community School District, in partnership with its community and staff, is to ensure a safe and caring environment for each student, providing the essential knowledge, values, skills, and attitudes to create lifelong learners who are responsible, contributing, and productive citizens in a changing and increasingly diverse world.
For Our Students
Everything we do at NCCSD is for our students, and we encourage them all to take part in the enrichment and extracurricular opportunities for which they are eligible.
- Athletics for junior high school and senior high school students
- Fine arts activities for 5th through 12th graders
- Extracurricular clubs and organizations for junior high and senior high school students
- Counseling services for all grades
- Athletics Boosters bolster our student athletes and the athletics programs
- Encore Club supports our fine arts programs
- Knights Community Organization fosters the relationships between parent, student, staff, and community
- North Cedar Education Foundation provides financial support to help broaden the district’s education opportunities.